American Red Cross opening cooling station in Uptown on Tuesday | People
CENTER CITY - The American Red Cross is working with Mecklenburg County to open a cooling station on Tuesday, as the heat index in Charlotte will reach upward of 110 degrees.
Red Cross volunteers will be providing drinks and snacks in the Hal Marshall Annex of the Mecklenburg County Community Support Services Center, located at 618 North College Street in Charlotte from 1-7 p.m.
This is the first time this center will be used for a cooling station.
Upcoming Events near Matthews - Mint Hill
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate