The cold snap is coming back | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A strong cold front will roll through the Carolinas Wednesday, bringing much colder air and strong to severe storms with it.
Very warm air and plentiful moisture ahead of the front will fuel a line of showers and storms along and ahead of the front.
Due to very strong winds in the upper levels, damaging straight line winds of 60 mph or higher will be the most likely threat from this system.
An isolated tornado threat will be possible as well.
Flooding rain will also be possible with many areas seeing over two inches of rain Wednesday.
Temperatures are expected to drop back into the 40s on Thursday.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Matthews - Mint Hill
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teachers teach students not to be a product of their environment
- Meck Co. Health Dept helping residents register for Health Care
- Union County DSS case sparks Meck Co. to ask questions
- Saints return to New Orleans delayed, shortening preps for Panthers
- Update: Victim identified in east Charlotte homicide