Hazing suspects charged in second incident, police say | Crime
MINT HILL, NC (WBTV) - Mint Hill police say two students that were arrested in December in connection to a hazing incident at Rocky River High School were charged in another hazing incident after a second victim came forward on January 7th.
Adam Mourdi, 18, and Isiah Akins, 17, were charged with hazing and false imprisonment, according to a news release from the Mint Hill Police Department, in connection to the first incident that took place on November 16.
The two were also charged with false imprisonment, hazing and assault in connection to the second incident, police said.
The incidents were similar in detail, police said.
The first hazing incident was reported on November 16 after wrestling practice in the boy's locker room in the gym, police said. A 15-year-old student was pulled into the bathroom and forced to completely undress while another student filmed the incident.
Both teens were taken to the Mecklenburg County Jail.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Matthews - Mint Hill
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate