Matthews Hometown Holiday Festival & Tree Lighting |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
The Town of Matthews is holding a Holiday Festival & Tree Lighting Saturday.
A 20-foot Colorado Blue Spruce from Sparta, North Carolina arrived in town last week.
Saturday, December 1, the town is holding the festival to start off the holiday season.
The event will include take-away crafts for kids, carriage rides, entertainment and more.
It runs from 3 p.m until 6 p.m.
Santa arrives at 5, and there's a pyrotechnics show after the tree lighting.
From 5:30 -8:30 the public can stroll through the luminary lined streets for special treats, prizes and shopping opportunities. Start at the Chamber of Commerce/Visitor's Center for a map and list of participating businesses.
All is free to the public.
Upcoming Events near Matthews - Mint Hill
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate