Deputies: Charlotte woman lied to family, took their money |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
A Charlotte woman was arrested for obtaining property by false pretense.
The Iredell County Sheriff's Office received a report about Barbara Green-Knapp, 49, in late September.
Deputies spoke to the victims who said they hired Green-Knapp as an Interior Decorator in May.
The victims said they took part in several design consults with Green-Knapp, and wrote three separate checks totaling $21,215.03 for items.
Two days after the report was filed, deputies spoke with Green-Knapp and retrieved some of the furnishings the victims had paid for already. Deputies say Green-Knapp advised at that time she would obtain the remaining property in several weeks.
Investigators say they later discovered Green-Knapp had not ordered those items.
A warrant for issued and Green-Knapp was arrested November 19.
Green-Knapp wasa processed and placed in the Iredell County Detention Center under a $3,500 secured bond. She was also served with a warrant from Mecklenburg County for Felony Worthless Check, and given an $800 secured bond for that charge.
Upcoming Events near Matthews - Mint Hill
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate